Historical Overview – A Fantastic Freeze
Cryotherapy is a curative health treatment involving extremely low temperatures (range -190ºF to -270ºF). Whole Body Cryotherapy, also referred to as “Air Cryo Therapy” (ACT) and “Cryosauna,” is rooted in the practice of Dr. Yamaguchi of Japan who, in 1978, started using freezing treatments of short duration on his rheumatoid arthritis patients’ skin surface for pain management. He found that he could significantly reduce soreness and pain because the rapid decrease of temperature of the outer layer of skin led to the immediate release of endorphins and therefore less sensitivity to pain.
Continuing his WBC research in the 1980s, Dr. Yamaguchi and his associates concluded that rapid short-term freezing of the skin’s surface to a temperature of 32ºF while inside the cryo-chamber has a more beneficial effect on the human body than its gradual cooling while immersed in an ice bath, where the lowest temperature possible is 5ºC/41ºF. It was learned that WBC affects the body on three different levels:
- The Biochemical level – the circulatory system
- The Energy level – the energy meridians
- The Information level – the nervous system
Today, everyone from elite athletes to recreational enthusiasts to anyone desiring a range of health improvements and anti-aging benefits utilize WBC on a regular basis.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND CRYOTHERAPY
A WBC session lasts only three minutes at maximum, yet that’s plenty of time for the skin to send signals to the brain that stimulate physical reactions and naturally occurring healing resources within the body. At Arctic Blast Cryotherapy, a user steps onto a platform inside our octagon-shaped chamber – a unit built with unequaled quality controls, thus ensuring a consistent WBC experience every time.
Once inside, the user is exposed to subzero temperatures created by nitrogen-chilled air, with levels dropping to a range of -190º to -270º degrees Fahrenheit. This extreme cold impels skins sensors to active a response from the Central Nervous System. The result is the release of endorphins that inhibit pain and enhance mood. And, due to an increase of the body’s circulation activity, inflammation is reduced as toxins are cleared and oxygen and nutrient-enriched blood serves to regenerate cells. This cell regeneration promotes speedier healing. As an overview, WBC positively impacts a body’s biochemistry, energy, and general feeling of well being.
The result is a rejuvenation of the body at the cellular level, and this regenerative process continues for 6 to 8 hours even after the session is over.
Here’s an overview of WBC benefits:
SPORTS & TRAINING
- Decrease in muscle soreness and inflammation
- Speedier recovery from training
- Go beyond your current physical limitations
- Complete body preparation
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Manage persistent pain & inflammation
- Relieve symptoms of depression & anxiety
- Improve immune system functions
- Increased range of motion
- Helps foster weight loss
SPA & BEAUTY
- Increase metabolism & weight loss
- Improve skin conditions & blemishes
- Promotes collagen production for younger skin/anti-aging effects
Whole body cryo: $30
Series of 3 whole body cryo sessions: $75
VIP Experience: $50
Whole Body Cryotherapy – 3 Minute Session in cryosauna
Normatec Compression Boots – 20 Minute Session
Localized Spot Treatment – 10 Minute Session
Cryofacial – 10 Minute Session
Medi-Crystal Mat – 20 Minute Session (complimentary with Normatec, Spot Treatment & Cryofacial)
Cryoskin – Slimming, Toning & Facial
Review us on Facebook, Yelp! and Google to receive a FREE add-on service!
Your choice of Normatec Compression Boots, Localized Spot Treatment, or Cryofacial!
YOUR BODY BENEFITS
Whole Body Cryotherapy has reinvented the healing process. And it has become the most efficient, and effective, way of putting one’s body into an overall better state of mind. So although professional athletes use this proven process to prepare, recover, and rehabilitate in quicker fashion, people simply desiring to feel better can immensely benefit through the WBC experience.
WBC – What to wear:
Women: Wear bra and/or underwear or tank top and shorts. Women often prefer to go nude. We supply a robe, shoes and socks, gloves and a towel.
Men: Wear underwear or shorts. We supply a robe, shoes and socks, gloves and a towel.
Lose inches of unwanted fat!
Tone sagging skin and reduce the appearance of celulite!
Firm neck and jawline, reduce double-chin and flatten wrinkles!
Cryoskin Slimming & Toning – $350 per session
3 Sessions for $900 plus receive 3 *complementary Normatec Compression Sessions
5 Sessions for $1500 plus one free Cryoskin facial plus receive 5 *complentary Normatec Compression Sessions
* Normatec Compression Sessions must be used within 3 business days of Cryoskin session
Cryoskin Facials – $250 per session
3 Sessions for $675 plus receive 3 *complementary cryotherapy facials
5 Sessions for $1250 plus one free Cryoskin facial plus receive 5 *complentary cryotherapy facials
* Cryotherapy facials must be used within 3 business days of Cryoskin session
Slimming Before + After Care
- For best results following a cryo session, do not eat sugar 2 hours before and after the session.
- If possible, avoid all kinds of sugar for 4 – 5 hours before and after the cryo session. 2 hours is the recommended time for best results.
- This applies to all kind of sugars (pasta, rice, bread, cereals…) and of course simple starches and sugars.
- The cold weakens and retracts the adipocyte [fat storage cell]. Consuming sugar will return immediate energy to these cells, so the apoptosis [cell death] effect will be less efficient and can even be canceled.
- The lymphatic system takes 15 days to complete an entire cycle. Results will improve over the 2 weeks following the session. Additional slimming sessions can be completed 2 weeks after a treatment.
- Avoid exercise directly before a session. It will be harder to cool the body down and complete the slimming effectively.
- For best results, maintain the best possible diet and lifestyle to accompany the treatment (drink plenty of water). DOWNLOAD
The Octagon is Optimal
Quite distinct from other WBC units out there, our spacious octagon design delivers the highest level of comfort and effectiveness. At all times, a user’s head remains above the octagon chamber, and he or she experiences a full body immersion effect that eliminates uneven cooling. As a result of an innovative touch panel control, the ease of operation delivers unequaled temperature control and consistently accurate temperature levels.
At Arctic Blast Cryo, we certainly take great pride in helping others experience total rejuvenation. Yet, our approach to helping people goes far beyond the science. We are here to advise, support, and remain available to answer any questions or concerns that arise.
We want to expose – quite literally – millions of people to the benefits of cryotherapy. The more we can provide education and spread knowledge regarding WBC, the healthier we can make all the communities that we reach.